Thursday, August 29, 2013

Review | Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters





Tears of Tess
by 
Pepper Winters

*I received an advanced copy of this novel from the author for an honest review.*






A New Adult Dark Contemporary Romance, not suitable for people sensitive to grief, slavery, and nonconsensual sex. A story about finding love in the strangest of places, a will of iron that grows from necessity, and forgiveness that may not be enough.

Synopsis:

“My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect.
Then it all changed.
I was sold.”

Tess Snow has everything she ever wanted: one more semester before a career in property development, a loving boyfriend, and a future dazzling bright with possibility. 

For their two year anniversary, Brax surprises Tess with a romantic trip to Mexico. Sandy beaches, delicious cocktails, and soul-connecting sex set the mood for a wonderful holiday. With a full heart, and looking forward to a passion filled week, Tess is on top of the world.

But lusty paradise is shattered.

Kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen. Tess is forced into a world full of darkness and terror. 

Captive and alone with no savior, no lover, no faith, no future, Tess evolves from terrified girl to fierce fighter. But no matter her strength, it can’t save her from the horror of being sold.

Can Brax find Tess before she’s broken and ruined, or will Tess’s new owner change her life forever?

My thoughts:

First of all I have just one question for Pepper Winters. Are you sure this is your DEBUT novel? LOL I mean I know it is but GAH!! I just doesn't seem like a debut novel. Pepper Winters writes with style and grace. 

The story is EPIC! It is incredibly different than anything else you will ever read. The relationships between the characters could never be recreated by anyone other than Pepper Winters. She is a mastermind of all things twisted but erotic. Some of the scenes in the first few chapters of the book brought tears to my eyes and I was crying for Tess. Other scenes literally scared the crap out of me. It really got me thinking "OMG What if"...

Tess is absolutely the strongest character I have read in a long time. Even after being kidnapped, beaten, drugged, and raped she still doesn't allow them to break her. She holds her head high and she fights to the very end. 

Q is confused and thinks he's a horrible person for having the urges he has. He doesn't want to become his father but he's afraid that's exactly what is happening. 

Personally I absolutely fell for Q. I love him!  He's the so fucked up that it's sinful to want him but he's also irresistible. He's absolutely mind blowing. He's thrilling one moment then the next moment he's utterly resentful. He is the definition of debauchery. 

Christian Grey has nothing on Q Mercer! 

All in all, I absolutely loved the Fifty Shades of Gray novels and the Crossfire novels but compared to Tears of Tess they are simply amateur level. If you loved those novels then you should absolutely read this one. It will blow your mind in ways you never thought possible. I was really fighting for words in this review because this book is so beyond amazing it's really hard to put into words how great it really is. 


No comments: