Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games
By Suzanne Collins

Source: Walmart :)
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Publish Date: September 14, 2008





Synopsis: Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place.
Review: I have owned this book for over a year now and I just never got enthused to read it. Since the movie just came out in theatres and there has been crazy hype about it I just had to see what it was all about. I am NOT sorry that I did either! I was completely taken by this book. I don't know where Suzanne Collins got the inspiration for a story like this but I can say she has an incredible imagination. This book had me from the very first page. I could never imagine anyone anywhere doing this to children. Since I have a daughter that would be almost old enough for the "reaping" in this story it just makes me want to grab my children, hold them, and never let go! When I finished this book I grabbed my oldest daughter and held her in a tight hug until she said "Momma are you gonna let me go sometime today?) haha!

The books was truly magnificent and it is super hard to put down! I will be reading book two VERY soon!



3 comments:

Matthew Selwyn said...

I've just finished the series, and am loving watching other people's reactions to the books as they work there way through.

Glad you enjoyed his!

Buy WoW Account said...

I'm halfway on book two now and very much excited to finish it and read book three then. I just love the trilogy. :)

Buy WoW Account

wolflady said...

read this before I saw the movie. awesome