Monday, March 12, 2012

Assassin's Honor by: Monica Burns



Assassin's Honor by: Monica Burns
Source: I found these on the 3/$10
rack at Books-A-Million!








Synopsis: Archeologist Emma Zale sees the past when she touches relics. It's how she uncovered evidence of an ancient order of assassins-the Sicari. When a sinfully dark stranger shows up on her Chicago doorstep demanding an artifact she doesn't have, he drags her into a world where telekinesis and empaths-someone who can sense the emotions of others- are the norm. Now someone wants her dead, and her only hope of survival is an assassin who's every bit as dangerous to her body as he is to her heart.

Review: This novel is sizzling hot! Monica Burns does an excellent job with her characters. I feel like I am standing in the mansion with them! The detail is exquisite and the story line is incredible. I love that there are no shifters or vampires in these novels because quite frankly I need a break from those sometimes. Monica Burns made this the best break I could have asked for. I got all the heat and emotion without the bloodlust or the shifting.




2 comments:

Mary Kirkland said...

I read all three books in this series and they are all really good.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

This sounds cool!